Saturday 4 December 2010

Day 66



Once again, Saturday comes swinging around to smash me in the face and show how slowly things are going.
 Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh on myself, but 66 days sounds like a heck of a long time.

Anyway, this week I've been working on the 3d model for Failout's basic pistol. Modelled more closely to the conventional-looking 9mm from New Vegas, than to the unusual styling of the 10mm, the basic shape is coming along nicely. I think there are a few too many sharp edges at the moment, and everything just needs to be rounded off a bit.

 Need to find a way of making curved triggers...
The pistol's iron sights. It's the picture that's squint, honest.

I haven't yet gotten round to animating the hammer movement yet, mainly because I found a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 (a legal one, by the way, with a registration key and everything) lying on a shelf in the house.

I've been playing around with it, and the first thing that looked fairly decent was stuck onto a wall in 3dsmax and rendered. So here it is, a whitewashed wall covered in graffiti. I'll probably use it in Failton somewhere - once I work out how to export 3dsmax materials to the UDK...

Boom, headshot! You're dead, Mr Grey Man With Massive Jaw... Guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment