Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 101



Well, it's been a dramatic week here at Failout development HQ - i.e. my desk. In a rather embarrassing incident - involving me accidentally cutting out the power to my computer, and so shorting the power supply somehow - which resulted in a pause to work on the game for a while. However, I have installed a new PSU and, luckily, there seems to be no damage to the other components. I've just got back to working on Failout, but I added the detail in these screenshots last weekend, before the... accident.

 Pumping machinery sits idle on an abandoned factory floor.
 The building viewed from the secondary, raised entrance.
 Skylights, now lined with concrete to give them a finished appearance, give me the chance to vary lighting styles. The glass meshes seem to be adverse to having collision maps; meaning that, at the moment, the player falls straight through.

No comments:

Post a Comment