Tuesday 19 October 2010

Day 21.1



Well, today's post will be in two sections. This is partly down to the fact that my recent posts have been very brief for the most part, as I've been hard at work shipping out that alpha build for the rest of the team.

Later on today I'll be starting the second stage of Failout's progression - as in, level two - and as this is a much bigger task than the bunker, I think it might well take me a few weeks to complete. During this time, I hope to get someone else working on finishing off the Failbunker (under my supervision of course - that thing's like my child!) i.e: animation, bug fixing, objectives and the final mesh placements. I don't think we'll be ready to put characters in there for a long time yet, and I'd prefer to do that once we have some level structure under our belts. I also need to write a story for the characters to be built around, and that takes time.

 So, today's task is to build a city (Failton) which can be enclosed by walls to create a stand-alone level. That is, if I don't build the entirety of Failtopia as one level, thus making it open world - but I don't think that would be wise. I don't have the computing power to make it, and you (most likely) don't have the computing power to play it. Anyway, the city will probably be a large, tiered structure with high surrounding walls (for keeping out those nasties!) and several open courtyards, so that the player doesn't feel like they're still back in the bunker.

And with that, I must leave you. Until later on anyway, because I need to start building this thing. Remember, any suggestions are welcome, and will be read and ignored as my highest priority.

Remember children, Fail kills. Play safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment