Friday 1 October 2010

Day 3: I can has failsketch?


Did a couple of sketches earlier, an idea for branding and a concept piece for the Brotherhood of Fail (ingeniously named, I'm sure you'll agree). I really doubt I'll be able to create anything resembling this in UDK, but I can always try. And hey, if I fail I will have pretty much achieved the project goals anyway. Image quality is terrible because I took it with a web cam. It's not my fault, I'm poor!




I haven't decided on any colours or a background for this yet, although the f-brand will probably be red. I think this is suitably distinguishable from that game's branding. Din could perhaps confirm this for me, but I doubt it.

The Brotherhood of Fail needs to live up to it's name, and I think a patchwork, ramshackle and quite frankly ridiculous look suits that image well.

Although this probably won't be possible with the UDK (at least, not for me) I hope to base the design on something like this. Fallout - crap, I said it - always contained allot of useless crap that we had to wade through. It makes sense that a destitute organisation like the Brotherhood of Fail would make use of this stuff in their, uhm, Tactical Junk Armour?


The middle armour section is made up of half a barrel, and has been imprinted with the f-brand; the sacred symbol of The Brotherhood of Fail.

Lp and Din haven't seen these yet. I hope they're not too downhearted by the overall progress so far... from Lp's first post I think he may be close to cracking. And I've always had my suspicions about Din - he's a strange one that.

If you think about it, kinda like a sausage.

3 comments: