Tuesday 19 October 2010

Day 21.2



And so, to the second part of today's double-post!

This afternoon I made a couple of buildings as a start to the great and wondrous city of Failton. As you can see from the following screenshots, this is a drop in the ocean. The groundplane I'm using is huge, but I'm hoping that this is the size I can make the city. Earlier I mentioned that Failton would be tiered, making it one tall structure. However, I've decided that, after exiting the bunker, the player would probably appreciate a flat, open-air area. This level is going to take a huge amount of work, and, along with the other city "Capital F", will probably the most time-consuming. For that reason, the posts for the next few weeks may become a little... samey.

Anyway, here are some screenshots of the buildings I've done.


As you can see, the colour scheme and objects are very similar to the bunker. This is all.... intentional. yes, intentional. It does kind of make sense though, because the residents of Failton had Failout Industries build the bunker for their safety. Maybe they wanted it to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment