Monday 4 October 2010

Day 6



 Like I said, today I'm going to write about the little details. These are the things that will make Failout something which slightly resembles Fallout. -ish. Kinda. Legally. Anyway, I fear I have drifted from the point again. Here's a nice, concise list without too much of my incoherent and unnecessary babbling. Have fun! Seriously, do. Or else.

Systems

Basically, Failout is going to be a single player, first-person action game. Probably very linear and seperated into levels.I don't suppose something like the V.A.T.S. system would be easy for a newbie like me to create, so this will likely be missing from the game. It always made things far too easy anyway!

Levels - I'll update and re-post this section in more details once I've made some more progress in this area.
  • Level 1: The Failbunker.
This is the level I'm currently working on, and you can see in development in yesterday's post. The Failbunker is pretty much our version of Fallout's Vault 101. It's where the inhabitants of Failton hid in order to escape the Epic fail. Unlike the Vaults, I'm currently planning for there to be only one of these in the game. Unless of course, more could be discovered in some sort of sequel!?!!!! Probably not though.

Weapons
 
I have plans for a few variations on Fallout weapons, as well as some original ones. Several of these weapons are based on the ominously named Puka-Cola. As you may have deciphered already, this is our version of the popular Wasteland beverage; Nuka-cola. Planned weapons for this highly toxic ammunition include the Puka Rifle, Puka Launcher and Puka-nade.

I'll cover more tomorrow,  wouldn't want to give away too much at once! Especially seeing as I'll be building this thing for months. Years, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment